Friday, July 29, 2005

A Walk Down Memory Lane

Well, not entirely.. Mobile Magazine did a piece on the Mobile Game Hall of Fame. The thing is that most of the games on there are quite old. Some of them, like Bop-it, are relatively new. In either case, all of them are games I totally remember. The most memorable one is the Merlin.. remember that one?

One day, near Christmas when I was near the age of being assured that Santa wasn't a real person, I was spying near my parents room when I heard the strangeist noises coming from the other side of the door. They were beeps. Mind you, I was 9 and this 1978 so beeping sounds weren't very common. In between the beeps I could just make out my parents saying to each other "my turn!".

Sure enough Santa had brought me Merlin and amazingly it made the same sounds. It was then that I realized that at least this toy wasn't brought from Santa.

No comments: