Thursday, July 28, 2005

Sudoku sucks

While I don't doubt the challenge of solving a Sudoku puzzle, what I don't get is how it has become so popular while my favorite puzzle from japan which is called a Nonogram or Picture Logic (or Griddler) hasn't become anywhere near as popular. Its logic is more clear and therefore easier to solve brainwise, but still challenging from a time perspective. But most of all, it's cool to see the puzzle form into an actual picture.

If you have a palm, the best PL software can be found here. I've had it on my palm for close to 4 years now.

I say, if you are looking for some fun, find some Nonograms and try them out.. They are clearly more fun than Sudoku...

2 comments:

Robert Henry said...

Trace

It might have to do with the fact that people (maybe the UK and Americans) might be able to grasp numbers better than pictures.
Maybe also they think the pictures are too "kid like" to be respected as well.

Robert
Sudoku Strategies

trace said...

I guess Suoku doesn't exactly suck, but I have to say that I have played it and solved one of the puzzles before I made my statement.. I don't want to start an argument, but have you tried a nonogram? The solving of it has nothing to do with pictures and everything to do with numbers...