Thursday, August 04, 2005

I truely want to vomit

As if the police in America weren't scary enough and as if the London police shooting the innocent man in the subway wasn't a clear enough example.. Now I see this piece in the Washington Post which talks about how the new rules of engagement for the pig patrol are being changed so that police should shoot a suspect in the head if they suspect they are a suicide bomber.

How, I wonder do they know that someone is a suicide bomber just by looking at him? In fact, if you think about it, a person can't be a suicide bomber until they actually have detonated a bomb and killed themselves right? I mean I could be a suicide bomber and so can you.

So anyway, lets see how the Gestapo, I mean police, will be defining a "suicide bomber" :

The police organization's behavioral profile says such a person might exhibit "multiple anomalies," including wearing a heavy coat or jacket in warm weather or carrying a briefcase, duffle bag or backpack with protrusions or visible wires. The person might display nervousness, an unwillingness to make eye contact or excessive sweating. There might be chemical burns on the clothing or stains on the hands. The person might mumble prayers or be "pacing back and forth in front of a venue."

Ahh.. I see. Ok, so basically the police should shoot every crazy homeless person they see in the head.

Now, normally this is when I would say to my friends "I'm sorry to say this, but it's going to take the shooting of an innocent person for America to see how wrong this policy is". But, as we know from the (sarcasm) huge outrage here over the events in London (which seem eerily similar to here), that's not even going to do it..

What the fuck is going on here???

No comments: