Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Civil Liberties? Ahh.. who needs them...

I think the most important thing in America today is the fact that our Civil Liberties are being rapidly eroded by the government. I don't even need to go into the obvious ones like "the war on terror" or the Patriot Act, but I will give you a perfect example of something that most of us would never notice.

The FBI is trying to tap all satellite internet connections. This is outlined in a Wired News report that posted today. It states that the "FBI [is requesting] to force satellite-based broadband service providers to equip their in-air networks with a rapid-wiretapping capability"

This is just one small example. I'm sure there are others. What can we do? Well, for one thing, support organizations that keep an eye out and fight against this kind of stuff. I just gave $25 to the Center for Democracy and Technology. I while back I gave $100 to the ACLU but I will never do that again since they sold my mailing address to literally dozens of Left Wing organizations and I got a ton of unwanted (SPAM) junk mail. So, they aren't getting any more of my money..

But fight the power people... do something!

No comments: