Friday, September 02, 2005

ever the pragmatist

That convention center is a horrid place. From what I've read and seen, it's worse than a prison. It seems to me that it is hell on earth. I have two off topic things to say about it, both related.

First off, somone there is going to become a voice of a generation of poor southern blacks. Someone in that building is going to write a book or a poem or a song or paint a picture that brings that horror to the world. Somewhere in there is a Booker T. Washington or a Maya Angelou or even better a Denmark Vesey. Out of those thousands, one or more are going to tell this story to us.

Secondly, and I would be shocked if this isn't happening, if I were a reporter I would be camped out in that convention center. I would use video and undercover reporting to show how it is there. There is a pulitzer there somewhere.

No comments: