Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Howard and Sirius

First of all, for those of you lost in space, Howard Sterns last radio show is on Friday so you should listen. Sadly I can't since no radio I can find can tune in WYSP. There is some kind of radio dead zone around my house. I've spent 2 weeks trying all kinds of crap with no luck at all.

The good news is that my Sirius is working and I'l be ready in January when Howard hits the air again.

Speaking of Sirius, it's not too late to buy the stock. It's trading a little below 8 right now. Some say that when Howard moves over, the stock will jump up 10-20% because he will bring in a shitload of new subscribers. Actually I don't care, I'm in it for the long haul. Satellite radio is here to stay folks. The XM/Sirius debate will become moot when in a few years all receivers will be able to pick up both services. There is no doubt in my mind that in 5 years most of America will have switched over to satellite radio. All the car companies are installing receivers. I’ve said this before.. how would you like to have 100 shares of NBC or CBS or HBO right now? Sirius and XM will be huge stocks in the coming decades and I pick Sirius since it’s trading at a reasonable amount and I can buy more. I’m in it for the long haul and there is no reason why at less than $10 a trade (scottrade, etc.) you don’t drop some money into it as well..

Don’t let me tell you “I told you so”

No comments: