Friday, October 07, 2005

the 885 greatest albums of all time

It's a hell of a concept. 88.5 WXPN let people enter this contest to win 100 CD's. All they had to do was vote on what they thought were the best albums of all time. Once all the votes were in, the list was compiled and for a week now XPN has been playing 3-4 tracks off of each abum in the list, counting down to the #1 album of all time. It's been a great listen so far for me (I listen to their web stream). O recommend you go over to wxpn.org and check it out for yourself.

By the way, I haven't looked at the whole list up to this point (you can check out the list of what's already been played), but I have to guess that OK Computer is way up there or Love Supreme. My girlfriend thinks #1 will be a Dylan record. I say maybe it will be the Beatles or Dark side of the Moon.. hard to guess.. it's been a great listen in either case.. (except for Brian Wilson : "Smile", jesus that was painful!)

No comments: