Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's about fucking time

Arlen Specter (who I will gladly vote for if he runs again) is preparing a bill to hold the president accountable for his signing statements. It's about time that Congress stepped up to thier responsibility to be a check on the presidents power. The concept of checks and balances was conceived so no branch of the government could gain too much power and our president, by using these signing statments has been using a loophole to do just that.

Congress has allowed the BWH to do this on over 750 bills and it's been quite amazing to me that they have allowed themselves to be neutered like that. It's a good thing for America that they have been trying to distance themselves from him lately. The sad thing, and the thing that I'm most upset about was that it took a Republican to get this bill off the ground. While I understand that the Republicans controll both houses and that a Democratic bill may have faced severe oppression, I don't get why nobody tried. Actually I do know why. The Democrats are a bunch of confused pussies. Too bad I'm one of them.

No comments: