Monday, July 31, 2006

I screamed out in pain when I read this...

What is wrong with our nation when people are offended by a photo of a mother breastfeeding her child? On the cover of a parenting magazine none the less!!!!!



It is stuff like this that make me really, truly fear for the future of the human race:

One mother who didn't like the cover explains she was concerned about her 13-year-old son seeing it.

"I shredded it," said Gayle Ash, of Belton, Texas, in a telephone interview. "A breast is a breast -- it's a sexual thing. He didn't need to see that."


or perhaps we should most worry about the child of this mother :

"Gross, I am sick of seeing a baby attached to a boob," wrote Lauren, a mother of a 4-month-old.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think this picture is beautiful and I applaud Babytalk magazine for using it as a cover. It is a damn shame that those women raise children that way, even more so deny their spawn of the postive effects breastfeeding has on childrearing. Stupid bitches. Breasts are beautiful and yes of course sexual, as we all are sexual beings...but the main function of breasts is for feeding and I do not understand how some women don't see the beauty in that! Stupid bitches.