Friday, May 27, 2005

Interface

Just finished a great book. It's called Interface and it's by Stephen Bury who if you didn't know is Neil Stephenson in disguise. NS is one of my favorite people. He's an ok writer, but he's brilliant and he thinks the way I do, so I like him a lot.

Anyway, the book is about a presidential election but there's a slight twist in that one of the canditates has a biochip implanted in his head that is tied to a network of average americans. He has the ability to know instantly how something he is saying is coming across to the country.

The book is old and precedes most of NS more well known work. It was written in 1994. In some ways I was surprised that it was 10+ years old in others I wasn't. The surprises came from how profetic the writing was. I thought that often it was talkig about the current presidentiaal administration and the current state of politics. In other tech ways, it was a bit outdated, but that really didn't matter to the story that much

Overall it was a really fun read. I recommend it.

No comments: