Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Hate to say I told you so

Went to the Eagles game last night. First off it was amazing to me that in a stadium filled with 70,000+ fans I counted 2 T.O. jerseys. If I had had one I would have worn it. It seems to me that I am one of the few actual fans the guy has. I'm one of the few people who think it was an aweful mistake to have gotten rid of him. I'm one of the few people who think that people are total sheep and just follow the cues the media gives them. Does anyone think for themselves anymore?

I'm not here to make an arguament that T.O. would have made a big difference in the game yesterday. He would have, but I'll leave it there. I'm here to point out that yet again #5 has let us down. McNabb at times is a really good quarterback, but to me it feels like most of the time, he is simply just terrible. And this was my argument back during last season (as an example check the Feb comments on the superbowl in my old blog) as well.

McNabb is really not a good quarterback. In my mind the primary measure of usefullness and value in a quarterback is consistancy. Sure, brains and talent are important, but consistancy is the key to it all. And this quarterback has never been consistant. Ever. And the sooner we realize that, the better.

No comments: