Thursday, November 17, 2005

Adult Swim

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Adult Swim Rules! Adult Swim is a set of programming on the Cartoon Network designed for adults. Not your normal adults mind you, adults that have a very non-american non-sit-com sense of humor.

Originally I found Adult Swim when I started watching Aqua Teen Hunger Force a number of years ago (I've now seen just about every episode). Anyway, this season I started watching Boondocks (which is pretty good so far) and then saw promos for two other shows: 12 oz. Mouse and Squidbillies.

First off, Squidbillies is pretty funny. It's surely quite odd so beware, but it's really funny so I reccomend it.

Now, 12 oz. Mouse is another story. A while ago in one of my previous blogs (I can't find the post) I proposed a show idea for network tv that was going to make no sense at all to the viewers. The shows sole purpose was going to be attempting to be something that tv is not. Hard to quickly explain but the idea was that every week you would be compelled to watch so you could figure out what the hell was going on. My first episode was going to be 30 minutes of a non moving camera in the living room of a house with no sound. It was going to be completely odd and fucked up.

Well, 12 oz. Mouse is close to that concept. This is the most fucked up thing I've ever seen on tv. At first if was hysterical, then I realized that it was funny becasue of how strange it was. Soon the strangeness got so bad that I noticed I was staring at the tv in silence with my mouth open. When it was over I wasn't sure what the hell the point of the show was. But, I will be watching next week and you should too. We need more fucked up tv stuff.. Enough with the cookie cutters!!!

No comments: