Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Dr. Who

When I was in 8th grade and in high school my favorite show was Dr. Who. I was in love with that show. I knew all kinds of trivia and had seen all the episodes. I was a crazy addict. And then for whatever reason, I drifted away from it. It may have been cancelled on channel 12. I can't rememer.

Well, as you may or may not know, it's back. SciFi Channel has been broadcasting new episodes with the 9th Doctor (well, it's last years 2005 BBC season). Let me just say that while it's not the most deep TV, it's certainly the most entertaining. I love the 9th doctor and Rose (his companion) is awesome as well. The plots of the episodes I've seen so far are pretty subversive statements about the state of our nation right now (news manipulation, the war on Iraq, etc.). Overall, I've been really happy with the show so far.

I highly reccomend you give the show a try (after you read the wiki article to get up to speed).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like the new series but the Dalek episodes kind of sucked.

Remember when the Daleks were scarey as hell because they always seemed invinsible?

And remember how each episode was a half hour one so you had to wait until the next day to find out what happens? At least it was shown that way here in New Zealand back in the day.