Tuesday, January 03, 2006

One good, One Bad

Ok.. First the bad: I put "Mr. And Mrs. Smith" on my Netflix a while back and it showed up the other day. We expected to see a crappy but entertaining flick. Instead we got an implausible, laughable, stupid, pointless, no redeeming feature feature. Wow, it was really shit. From the first moment we were sitting there saying "huh?" and questioning everything.. There was only one supporting role (played by Vince Vaughn who probably hated the experience so much that he ended up hooking up with Jen to spite Brad).. Ugh.. I don't even want to talk about it anymore.. just know this, if you are planning on watching this film.. change your plans.

On to the good. A friend gave me a book to read: "Sex, Drugs and Cocoa Puffs" by Chuck Klosterman. Last month in Esquire, Chuck wrote this article about juries (that I was planning on commenting on eventually) and I was telling my friend about it and he said "he's a genius" and then went to his car where he happened to have a copy of this book by Klosterman.

I started reading it last night and I couldn't put it down. It's really good. It's a book of essays on life and stuff. What makes it good is that Chuck is a Pop Culture maniac and everything is written around references to stuff like music acts and movies and tv shows. What makes it great is that Chuck is a great writer. Check out the book.

No comments: