Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Fuck Yea.. we're making progress

Ok. First off, a lot my new readers haven't read this post. It's a repost of something I wrote in 2004 and it is still totally true today. We have to look at our voting system and try and fix it.

A few months ago I wrote this post. And that is the one I'm going to talk about today. There is a movement that I heartedly support and I think you should as well. It's about a really cool legislative hack that will let the states get rid of the electoral college (which many scholars agree is just a bad way to elect a president).

The reason I write about it today is that the bill just passed in California! The same bill has passed in Colorado and is on the way to being passed in other states as well. I have written my Legislators in Pennsylvania and I ask all of you to read up on the "National Popular Election of the President" movement and if you agree with it, write your legislators as well.

No comments: