Thursday, June 02, 2005

I hate this fucking mac

So a few days ago, my new (this is my second one..last one died after a couple of weeks...see other posts) mac decided to run one of its fans at high speed.. to achieve silent operation, the mac has control over its fans and it only runs them when needed.. which is basicly never. But this one decided it wanted to run one of its fans all the time. Been back and forth with service and tried all kinds of things to no avail.. except now the fan just runs at full blast every minute or so and then turns off.. so over and over again, all day long the fan fires up for no reason.. ahh..

But the real reason I hate this thing is that I'm getting pains in my mouse hand that I never had in 12 years of pc use. Why? (and I'm serious here) I have to use the mouse way more than with Windows.. Mac forces you to move up to the menu bar all the time and down to the (unuseful) dock to do all kind of simple stuff.. As an example? Say you have 10 windows open at the same time, a few browsers, a word doc, your email program, calendar.. whatever.. on windows, every open window is there on the bar at the bottom of the screen. On the mac, nope.. the dock at the bottom has the open applications listed, but not the windows so to open a window you have to first go to the bottom of the screen to click the app in the dock, and then back up to the top of the screen to the tool bar, click a menu item and then scroll to the window you want. Doesn't seem like much, but think if you were moving stuff from a browser window to a word dock or email and you have to do this process a dozen times, it's 6 clicks and 2 long drags to 2 clicks and one drag for the windows box each time.. so that's 72 clicks and 24 drags versus 24 clicks and 12 drags.. over a typical day, thats a huge amount and I literally have already been to the doctor to look at my hand since it hurts like crazy by the end of the day.

This computer is a total piece of crap and now I'm going to build a new PC and go through the process of moving back to it.. all the hours I wasted moving my address book, calendar, email, quicken, files over to the mac.. wasted energy.. What a fucking scam this piece of crap is.. Oh yea.. then I have to find someone to buy this piece of junk so my $3000 wasn't wasted..

If you are tempted to buy a mac I have some simple advice.. try it for a week before you buy it.. it's shit man

No comments: